BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Weight loss tracker

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Full bars

I think I'm impressed with these!!! I tried one at work today for the first time, you eat it a half hour before your meal with 8 ounces of water and supposedly you get full faster. For some stupid reason I am always starving when I'm at work, I don't know if it's the 12 hour shifts or what, I'm rarely that way at home on my days off, but I have a hard time at work and when I get home from work I pretty much want to eat everything that isn't nailed down. So today I ate one bar before my lunch and drank the water and waited the 30-ish minutes, I'm thinking as I'm walking up to the break room, that there is no way this thing was working because I was starving, well I heated up my lunch as usual and started eating and then about half way through I started feeling so full, I actually felt sick to my stomach, stopped eating and was pretty well satisfied until the end of my shift, I was getting a little hungry at the end but I ate another of the bars on the drive home from work with the water and again, was pretty starving when I got home, however, same thing happened, as I was finishing my supper I had to stop because I got the full, sick feeling. This definitely can't be thought of as an appetite suppressant and that's why I think they get a bad rap, but they do work if you use them properly and for the intended purpose, which is to help you feel full. I will try them again tomorrow and see if I get the same results. It's not just the water, I've tried that before and still end up hungry and eating as much as normal, there is something to this!!! Even if I only use them on workdays, it will help me out, that's for sure!
I'm beat, so I'm posting my food log and heading to bed.

Food Log:
Breakfast:
Nutrigrain bar 130
Coffee with creamer 60

Full bar 160

Lunch
Smart one 300
Cauliflower 40
Baby carrots 35

Full bar 160

Supper
Pork roast 250
Baked beans 300
Cranberry 150

Total 1585 calories

No exercise today

6 comments:

Reese said...

I have never heard of full bars, but it sounds like they really do the job for you! How do they taste? I may have to try them!
Hope your having a good weekend :)

Julie said...

I forgot to mention that, they are really good, chocolaty with puffed rice cereal. Light and sweet.

karen said...

I'll have to see if I can find an ingredient list for them to see if they're "safe" for me because they sound like they would be PERFECT for my work/food issues, too!

karen said...

Ooooh! From the looks of things on their website the Bars would be a big "no" for me thanks to the darn wheat ... but pretty much everything else they make would be okay :)

Cassandra said...

I am honestly wary of any "gimmick" when it comes to eating. Looking at your food log, I think you would be less hungry coming into your meals if you just ate a normal snack during the day. Your days should be broken into three meals (a full breakfast, btw - not a Nutrigrain bar, something with a carbohydrate, whole grain, and protein) and at least two snacks. Your breakfast especially, is really light. Your talking about being famished at lunch - well, from the time you burn what you eat at supper until the time you eat lunch the next day, you're expecting your body to operate on give or take 130 calories - no wonder you're hungry!

You might try balancing your meals more so you're eating 400-500 calories for breakfast and supper, 300-450 for lunch, and then two 100-calorie snacks during the day. That way your blood sugar and metabolism are remaining steady instead of peaking and dropping all the time.

Julie said...

I know breakfast has always been a weak spot for me, just not a breakfasty person, but I will try to do better!!
Thanks for the tips!!
I do much better at home during the weeks, but I have such a hard time on the 12 hour shifts on the weekends, breakfast before 6am and then probably not a chance to get to lunch till one or two and supper once I get home. Messes me all up!!