BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Weight loss tracker

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Another good exercise day

I'm grinning ear to ear, because I'm making progress and it's progress I can see, and that my friends motivates to push just that little bit further every time I'm on that treadmill. I know there will still be days when I won't have a great workout, but just today I was thinking back to when I first got back on the treadmill and it was a struggle to jog 1 or 2 minutes and now it is getting easier, not to the point where it is a walk in the park, I still struggle, and I still have problems with that self-confidence because I keep thinking I can't even thought I know I can, my body is getting stronger, I just need to BELIEVE in myself, and that has always been a problem for me, my whole life. The fat, teased, kid that basically had her self-esteem and self-confidence stolen from her because kids are freakin' mean, no two ways about it, what is unfortunate is that I have carried that pain, self-doubt, and lack of self-confidence into my adult life and that pisses me off. I'm working on it, I will never be one of those assertive type women who are proud to be bitches, but I am working on believing in myself and my abilities in all aspects of my life. Here, I believe yoga is helping me, not only getting physically stronger but healing my mind as well. Some day when I feel up to it, I may blog about the painful aspects of my childhood, I'm just not there yet...
So anyway!!!
I did my half mile warm up walk
then
I JOGGED 1.5 miles!! WOOT WOOT!!
did inclines and such for half mile
and
then
I jogged another half mile!!!
walked and did inclines for the last part of it.

I jogged 2 miles of my 3.6 mile treadmill workout today, granted it was split up but never the less, I did it!! It feels great!!!
I asked for a calorie counting watch that monitors heartrate and distance and whatnot, for mother's day. The have jogging watches with gps in them now, way too expensive for a novice runner like me, but I thought that was too cool. I just want a cheap version, no gps, and we will see how that works. Now to get up the nerve to go jogging outside, that's the next big step for me!!
I have classes all day, on campus, Monday through Thursday next week, so there won't be any time for yoga but I hope to do the treadmill after supper on those days so I don't back slide!

Treadmill stats for the day:
50.02 minutes
3.632 miles
629 calories burned

Jogged 2 miles of that at 4.8 split up 1.5 miles and .5 miles!!!

Food log later

2 comments:

Katie J ♥ said...

How exciting that you are even doing it!

My Personal trainer told me to hold off on the jogging for a little while. I would like to have a few more pounds off me before I start.

Hope you get the Monitor for MD. I think it will be another motivator for you.

Reese said...

You are doing so good!! :)

I agree, some kids can be mean. I am sorry that you had to deal with that as a child, but am glad to hear that you are on the road to healing!