BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Weight loss tracker

Friday, May 7, 2010

Buffets are not a good thing for me!!

We took my mom to a buffet for lunch today, kind of an early Mother's Day thing because I'll be at work on Sunday. We went to Ponderosa and had the buffet, and let me tell you, I need to avoid buffets because we just don't get along!! I used to love buffets, and don't get me wrong, I ate probably a third of what I used to eat when we went to a buffet, but I honestly felt sick when we got home, heavy food in my stomach and a real desire to just go lay down and sleep it off. Did I take a nap?? NOPE!! I hit the treadmill, and even though I seriously thought I was going to hurl, I stuck with and got in a good workout. I feel better now. :) I really plan to avoid buffets in the future, there is just nothing good about them. Too much food, too many desserts and a food addict just don't mix well! If I could have been happy to just have a small salad and a little bite of this and a little taste of that, I'd have been good, but I'm like a drug addict in a crack house when I get around all of those foods I love. I have a hard time making myself behave!! At least today I had a realization that what I was doing was going to make me feel like crap, and I paid for it. Maybe next time I'll be able to reel it in a little sooner, and with each negative experience I can learn and grow and not keep making the same mistakes.
I have been thinking alot lately about the power of positive thinking and how people either choose to be happy or choose to be miserable and wallow in self-pity. I think I've pretty much always been a wallower, why does this person have a bigger house than me, why couldn't I have been born with talent, why is she pretty and thin, why is that person always so happy and I have to be miserable?!?!? ON and ON and ON...I'm just so sick of it. My focus is going to shift, right here, right now, today. I am not going to focus on what I don't have, or what I want, or who has more than I do, I am going to be thankful everyday for the life I have I'm going to enjoy every moment, and live for today. No longer am I just going to be swept along in life wondering how the hell I got from point A to point B without really remembering just how I got there. Sure, there are going to be rough patches and times when I want to complain and question God's grand plan for me, but those are the times I will try to reflect on all that is good in my life, and all I have to be thankful for. It's so much easier to place blame and feel sorry for myself, but I am no longer taking that negative path, everyday I will try to be positive and focused, and when I stray back to my old ways hopefully I will be able to recognize it and stop myself from even going there.
I want to blog one thing I am thankful for everyday, and if you comment on my blog, please feel free to do the same!
Today I am thankful I got to spend some time with my mom at lunch. She is 80 years old and I don't know how many more Mother's Days we have left with her, so I will cherish each and every one of them. I'm also thankful that at 80 she is very healthy and probably more active than I am!! :)

Treadmill stats:
50:47 Minutes
3.8 miles
663.3 calories burned
Warm up walk for half mile
Jogged 1.5 miles at 4.8 mph
Walked and did inclines for a half mile
Jogged .5 miles at 4.8 mph
Walked and did inclines for the remainder of the workout.

2 comments:

karen said...

Buffets were invented by the devil ... I'm pretty sure of it!!! That actually, also, brings me to what I'm thankful for tonight: not being able to have gluten. A lot of the time it can be a big huge nuisance that I wish never came into our lives ... BUT without the discovery that it's no good for me & John I wouldn't be cooking as often as I am AND I'd be more able/likely to devour stuff like danishes, pizzas and entire buffets ;) [A guest ordered a Toasted Honey Bun Sundae earlier. The things are huge and delicious and could put anyone into a diabetic coma for a week. SO glad I can't have that temptation anymore!!!]

Reese said...

Good for you for jumping on that treadmill instead of napping!! Glad you got to spend time with your mom :) Hope you have a great mother's day!

I am thankful for the sunshine today.