BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Weight loss tracker

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Take time to...

Yeah, I know the cliche line would be " Stop and smell the roses" or some such saying, however, Paige's Mother's day present really got me thinking that we need to take time to have a picnic!! In her little bag from preschool was a handmade card, a slice of watermelon that she had colored on a paper plate, some plastic cups and spoons and forks, paper plates and napkins, and a note about having a picnic together, just me and Paige. It got me thinking about how I'm always so busy and my standard line is "maybe later" to far too many of her requests. So, we are going to have a picnic, even if it's right in the middle of the living room floor, and I'm going to take time to start doing more of the little things with her, things that are a really big deal to a 4 year old! If the the dirty dishes pile up in the sink, they will get done eventually, the laundry will get done, eventually, because honestly, when you were a kid do you remember how clean your house was, or whether your mom got down on the living room floor and had a picnic with you?

I had a great Mother's Day despite being at work for 12 1/2 hours. I avoided the wraps they brought in for lunch and ate my lunch that I packed (didn't have one of the cookies everyone was raving about either), came home to presents and cupcakes (didn't have one of those either...who the hell am I??? Oh yeah, the one who knows how frickin' long it will take on the treadmill to burn off one stinkin' cupcake!)! I was very spoiled, I got the first season of Glee on dvd, some jewelry, and watch that monitors my distance and calories etc, some decor stuff I wanted for the bathroom and a hanging flower basket for outside, oh and I mustn't forget the gag gift, the pins with Edward Cullen and Jacob Black on them...funny!

I got on the treadmill and did 4 miles tonight, I ran 1.5 miles of it straight, but didn't do so much jogging after that, mostly walking and inclines, but still, not bad for a workout after working a 12 hour shift!

Treadmill stats:
Time: 55:14
Distance 4 miles
Calories burned 698.1

Calories in for the day (I'm too tired to type everything out tonight) 1510

I have school all day the next 4 days, and between now and the end of June I will complete 4 classes. I'm going to be such a bitch the next 6 weeks, I will try to keep a positive attitude, I'm just going to be kind of stressed!

Today I am thankful for my wonderful, funny, happy, moody, loud, crazy, kids. I love them to pieces and wouldn't have it any other way!!

1 comments:

karen said...

What a great day!!! I'm so impressed with what you did on the treadmill in spite of the 12 hours of work. I have SUCH a hard time most days convincing myself to do anything after just 8 hours :)