BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Weight loss tracker

Monday, May 3, 2010

My family is a distraction!!

I have come to the conclusion that my family totally throws me off track when I'm on the treadmill. I got on it after work last night after the little ones were in bed, hubby and a couple of the kids were watching TV while I was on the treadmill (the treadmill is in the living room). First off Danny was eating popcorn and it stunk up the room and then (as sweet and cute as it is) they think it's funny to stand next to the treadmill and pretend they are walking or jogging like me. For me, jogging is as much a mental game as it is physical, maybe even more so, and if I can't concentrate and focus it's all over!! Needless to say I didn't do very much in the way of longevity with the running but I managed to do 3.5 miles alternating jogging and walking and inclines. I like my weekday routine, I get on the treadmill when the baby goes to nap and Paige watches a movie and all is right with the world!!

This week my challenge to myself is going to be to drink more water. I'm shooting for 48 ounces a day to start with and I'll bump the volume up as I go along, if I feel the need to. I am not giving up caffeine cold turkey, otherwise I'll be in bed and useless with a migraine for 3 days. My water intake amount will be on top of other beverage amounts. I used to be so good about drinking water, and I just got away from it and now I'm drinking too much diet soda...bleh!!

Yoga tonight was fabulous as usual!! I really love it, and I think I'm getting a little better at it...woot woot!!

Off to pay some bills and get to bed...

0 comments: