BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Weight loss tracker

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Week 2 day1 C25K

I started week 2 of the couch to 5K today, so far, so good!!!  I skipped the Shred DVD today because I have twinge in my lower back that I'm pretty sure Jillian caused, guess I'll try that again tomorrow.  It was a beautiful evening here, took the little girls for a walk and on our way home we stopped at McD's for .49 ice cream cones. As I was sitting there eating my ice cream cone, it dawned on me that this is really what it's all about, watching what I eat and exercising, while still allowing myself the little pleasures in life, like an ice cream cone.  I didn't go in to Mc D's and want a value meal, it wasn't at all about that, I was taking my girls to get ice cream and that is what we did.  I am certain that this is the trick to being successful on any eating plan,  allowing treats without guilt or feelings of failure, just having a treat and continuing on.   No one can be perfect all of the time, perfection for any serious length of time will eventually lead to a huge "fall off the wagon" with immense feelings of guilt and failure, at least it has for me in the past.   I think I may finally have found the key to what works for me (and it's about time), it's not about giving up whole food groups, diet pills, or magic potions, it's about moderation and being happy with any progress I make, taking a bad eating day and leaving it in that day and starting fresh the next, it's all about not feeling like a failure just because I have an ice cream cone with my kids!!  I still count calories, and that is what seems to be working for me, so that is what I will continue to do.

Treadmill stats:
C25K Week 2 Day 1
31 minutes
2.2 miles (5 minute warm up 3.0 to 4.0, alternate jogging 5.0 mph 90 seconds with walking 4.1mph  2 minutes, 5 minute cool down)
347.7 calories burned

Inclines after C25K
17.01 minutes
1.1 miles
206.1 calories burned

Walked with the girls for 30 minutes.

Just a side note...I checked the results for the 5K Josh and I did a few weeks ago and the top male finisher did it in 15 minutes and some odd seconds!!  A 5 minute mile!  Who the hell does that and what kind of mutant runner are they, that's like running 12 mph for the whole 3 miles...crazy!!!

3 comments:

Renegades said...

I've been trying to eat healthier and get in the habit of it instead of having to do it like I am now.

However, today was a bad eating day for me. So I biked 4 miles and walked 6 miles. I'm hoping that will be enough that I don't see a gain in the morning. **crossing fingers**

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

Good for you on the couch to 5K, I hope it goes well! Nice that you've found a good balance in your diet!! Those ice cream cones aren't too bad in calories, I've checked!!!

Danielle said...

I just started on the C25K today so I did some browsing to find others that are doing it. Glad I found you as you are only a week ahead of me. LOL - you can tip me off when the going is going to get rough! :)