BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Weight loss tracker

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Excuses, Excuses!!

I haven't exercised this week, not once!  I blame the heat and humidity, it's sucking the life right out of me, well that and the fact that the minute I walk out the door a swarm of mutant, hummingbird sized mosquitoes attacks me!  However, I know I'm using that as an excuse, I have a treadmill, it's sitting there staring at me, saying "Hey, dummy you could use me in this nice air conditioned living room..." and yet I don't, I own a small library full of exercise dvds, did I do any of those...ummmm nope!  Excuses, excuses, what can I say, it's something I am good at and frankly I just feel like being lazy this week.  When the scale doesn't move down this week I have no one to blame but myself and my excuses!!  I really do feel tired and beat down this week, I have no energy, it just plain stinks, but it is what it is.  Josh and I have our 5K Saturday, this heat and humidity isn't supposed to break until Sunday...ugh!  At least the 5K is at 8:30 in the morning so it shouldn't be quite so stinking hot!!  I am starting back on my beginning running program on Monday without Josh, he didn't progress quite as fast as I hoped he would and I feel like I haven't made any progress walking/jogging with him and may have regressed some, but it was nice to do this with him regardless.  I am sticking to my treadmill for a while, too, I prefer it to running outside.    I think in the spring when Josh has gotten a little taller, we are going to buy bikes and start riding together.  Cycling is something that is intriguing to me and I've noticed many of the bloggers I follow have gotten into biking.  I used to ride a bike, many, many years ago, and I know that is something Josh and I could do together that he will have more success in than running, he doesn't really enjoy running and I don't want to push him to do something he hates, and I know he likes to bike and I know he likes to spend time alone with me ( I like it too!!), so this will be something we can do together next spring/summer.  In the mean time I will keep encouraging him to use the treadmill and get out on his bike to get some exercise.  Hell, maybe I'll be at my goal weight by next spring when we start biking, wouldn't that be cool!!  I'm shooting for the end of 2011, but we'll see how things progress.  My almost non-existent metabolism took an even further dump once I hit 40, so weight loss is just sllloowwwww for me now!!!  I just have to realize that this is going to take a long time, and I also need to remember my past mistakes and not repeat them!  I am still working on taking off the 25# of binge eating grossness from my last slip up and I need to remember just how hard it is to get it off this time, so I don't do it again.  Everyone has bad days but I can't fall off the wagon for more than a day or two without having some really sucky consequences!  It isn't going to happen again!!
I took 6th place in the Awesome by August challenge, which was really a nice motivator for me to keep on going.  I am excited to be participating in the Super by September challenge that Karen is doing, I really think these challenges help to keep me going.  I picked Vemma thirst water for my prize for last month's challenge, sounds pretty interesting.  I'll keep everyone posted on how it works!

0 comments: