BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Weight loss tracker

Friday, August 6, 2010

A Loss is a loss!

I lost 1.2 pounds this week,  it still doesn't make up for the 2 pounds I gained last week, but hey, a loss is a loss and I'll take it!!!  I'm thinking I will take photos and measurements every 15 pounds instead of once per month, in which case I have a bit to lose before I worry about that.  I had originally thought to do it every month, but because I forgot today I made the executive decision to do it every 15 pounds instead!!
This weight is sure coming off a lot slower than it went on when I was in my eating frenzy a couple of months ago.  As I think about this ( and I think about it a lot!) I believe the reason for this is so that I FINALLY realize that a month long binge is just not worth it and I can't do it anymore!!! Simply because it goes on so fast and comes off so painfully slow.   The yo-yo'ing has to stop every time I do it it becomes more obvious that it harder and harder to take the weight off, besides the fact that it so unhealthy to do it!  Maybe this will finally be the motivator I need to stop the binge eating.  I need to keep this in the front of my mind so that every time I want to binge and binge and not look back I stop and remind myself that it's not worth it because it will take forever to get it off and I'll never get to my goal weight!  Hopefully, hopefully this blogging will serve as a reminder to me, too.  I don't want to keep falling off the wagon and this blog is a good way to remember these times, good and bad!  I love the support and encouragement I can find in the blogging world!  (even if I have to pretend I have readers!)!!!
I wonder what it is about breastfeeding that hops up a person's metabolism, whatever it is they need to bottle it and sell it because I lost 50# with very little effort when I was going to weight watchers and nursing Mallory.  I want THAT kind of metabolism!  (Not bad enough to get pregnant again, though!)
I think I might have had that AH-HA moment just in the last week or so and I hope that I can avert any further month-long binge eating.  A day here or there to splurge, it do-able, just not a month or more!

Here is a great blog article on binge eating...

http://www.positivityblog.com/index.php/2008/08/26/7-helpful-tips-to-stop-binge-eating/

Until next time!

2 comments:

karen said...

I was always so jealous when I would hear about women who lost quickly with nursing as that NEVER was the case for the 18 monthsish I nursed John. Drove me BATTY!!!

Here's hoping this week is a great one for you!

karen said...

Oh yeah ... and START USING YOUR TWITTER! LOL!!! Go to tweetdeck.com and install that ... I find it SO much easier to use and follow what's going on :)