BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Weight loss tracker

Friday, July 30, 2010

Fleeting feelings of despair and hopelessness!!!



I have been struggling with the scale all week, being up by as much as 6 pounds at one point this week, which is crazy. Mathematically I would have to have eaten 21,000 calories above my daily calorie allowance and what I burned exercising, there is absolutely no way this happened. My official weigh in has me as gaining 2 pounds obviously better than gaining 6 but a gain none the less, I still don't think I ate 7000 extra calories this week. I honestly was in a pissed off mood this morning thanks to that scale, I actually felt desperate and hopeless and had fleeting thoughts of saying "Screw it" and going on a food binge. I didn't, but I thought about it, and in the past I would have done it. Putting in all into perspective I have still lost 8# in 3 weeks, not bad considering my goal was to lose 1.5# a week, so I'm still ahead of the game and I need to keep that in my mind. I wish I wasn't one of those people who need that instant gratification, to see those numbers on the scale going down every week. I read blogs written by people who were stuck at the same weight for months and yet continued on the path they started on, to weight loss and health. I hope I can maintain that focus and drive, even during the not so good weigh in weeks.
I just want to say I am loving Nike's new adds that don't have every woman looking like a stick figure! Kudos to Nike for celebrating curves!!



Don't get me wrong I would love my ass and thighs to look that good, but at least it's a step in the right direction, portraying "real" women! I look forward to the day I can wear shorts that short!!!

0 comments: