BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Weight loss tracker

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Breathe in, breathe out

Who would have thought that yoga would help me with my running on the treadmill? I find myself concentrating on putting one foot in front of the other and focusing on my breathing, I can visualize my breath going in and coming out and that is all I think about, as soon as my mind starts to wander and those negative thoughts seep in, I go back to thinking about my breath, in and out and that's it. FOCUS! I did my usual 3.2 miles on the treadmill today, walked a mile first to make sure the old lady hip was warmed up and then I jogged 1.1 miles without stopping, a little faster than the run I did on Tuesday and it was very rewarding. I know it may not seem like much to some people but it is a really big deal to me!
Danny and I had lunch at Panera today, there is something about having a diet coke in those clear plastic cups with real lemon wedges, that just make it taste better, don't know what it is exactly, but I love getting soda there, well, I love the food too, but I have found some healthier options.
Mallory had her 18 month photo shoot today at JCPenney's and she did pretty well. She cried a little when the lady tried to change the way she was sitting and Danny and I both thought it was all over from there, but she got over it right away and did pretty well. Paige was along so that helped, and because Paige was feeling a little left out we did some photos of her and of the two of them together, they all turned out cute and I bought quite a few, but I had a half off coupon, so it wasn't quite as painful as normal!! I'm such a sucker for buying my kids pictures, more than I will ever need, but at least they can have them when they get older and out on their own, if they want them.
Tomorrow is grocery shopping day, boo, hiss!!! I hate hate hate grocery shopping, it is too damn expensive! I spent a good portion of the evening making out a month long menu for breakfasts, lunches, and dinners, I have a few meals to fill in, but for the most part it is done. It sucks with Danny working 2nd shift because I want to plan some nice lunches we can do together, but then I need to make a decent supper for the kids, seems I'm stuck in the kitchen either cooking or doing dishes, well there's also that never ending pile of laundry too, but that's a whole other story!!

Stats for today:
Treadmill
15 minutes
1.0 mile
172.6 calories
Walked 4.0 mph for the first half mile then did a .5 incline from .5 to .6 miles and then a 1.0 incline from .6 to .8 miles, down to a .5 incline from .8 to .9 miles, no incline from .9 to 1.0 miles

14.22 minutes
1.1 miles
185.8 calories
Jogged 4.6 mph without stopping (woot woot)

15.19 minutes
1.1 miles
187.4 calories
Alternated between walking at 4 mph and jogging at 5 mph

Totals
44.41 minutes
3.2 miles
510.3 calories
Baby steps, baby steps, baby steps!!!
Sorry for the boring stats, it's mostly for me to keep track for future reference!
Food log to follow...

0 comments: